A diverse and expanding network of protected natural areas throughout Texas supported by a community of Texans who share a commitment to enhancing the quality of life through land conservation.
The mission of Texas Land Conservancy is to conserve natural areas in Texas and to protect the physical and ecological integrity of their wildlife habitat, native plant communities, and scenic landscapes for the benefit of present and future generations.
- To reduce the negative effects of land fragmentation and poorly planned development by protecting critical lands through ownership or permanent conservation easements.
- To protect land surrounding critical watersheds that are increasingly being threatened by drought, population, growth and development in order to conserve water for drinking, agriculture, recreation and native wildlife.
- To maintain a substantial and diverse inventory of protected lands that reflect the biological diversity and significance of Texas' natural heritage.
- To responsibly steward our conservation easements and land holdings through monitoring, land management, and enforcement of restrictions.
- To restore and enhance native habitats on lands under TLC protection.
- To work with other organizations and individuals as appropriate to conserve and protect additional areas not protected by TLC.
- To educate the public about Texas' natural areas and provide opportunities for the public to enjoy TLC's protected properties.